Wednesday, January 23, 2013
our guardian repair man
We learned last night that our bathroom lights, refrigerator, oven, toaster oven, microwave, dining room lights, bedroom lights, bedroom space heater, and broiler are all on the same circuit. We also learned the hard way that this circuit is not happy if you have all of those things on at once. Who would have thought are biggest energy users would all be connected? It was poor timing for this lesson, as you may remember from my post yesterday that it was about -3 degrees outside for most of the day. It didn't take long for our "yay, an adventure!" attitude to turn into "I should not be able to see my breath inside my house" attitude.
Luckily we have a guardian repair man who came over late last night to examine our fuse box and get our heat back on. When the heat finally started working again, it was 50 degrees in our bedroom. 5 - 0. Luckily it started warming up, but I still slept in long underwear under several layers of blankets. Thanks to our guardian repair man, we could tough out the temporary cold instead of having to trek over to the local Day's Inn to get a warm night sleep. This definitely reminded me how lucky I am to have a warm house in the middle of the cold winter.